Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Convictions of the Heart

Random Acts of Kindness

Since I can remember, I have always loved animals. Growing up in the semi-country, I would rescue frogs, turtles, baby birds, baby bunnies, and anything else I could get my hands on. I will never forget raising a wild baby bunny and letting him go after he had grown. I had named him Fritz and my family and I, when we would see a rabbit outside, "there's Fritz!" We use to think that he lived under or near the shed in the back yard. But, my random act of kindness does not involve the rabbit, it involves my love for animals.
Fostering puppies from a shelter has been more challenging then I had anticipated. However, it was a conviction within my heart that this was something I needed to do. With the help of my cousin, who owns her own organization for rescuing animals (Rainbowtails Rescue - rainbowtails@hotmail.com) I was able to foster dogs. Out of the three we adopted, one has found his fur'ever home and is reportedly doing very well.
The other day we found a box turtle in our back yard! I have been known to pull over, even stop traffic, to help an animal/reptile in distress. A few years ago there was a box turtle in the middle of the street, so I stopped the van and safely moved the turtle to the other side of the street. Being kind to animals reflects the degree of kindness within ourselves. Hug your pets!! Give them your positive energy :)

 photo raoc_zps0fb7dd8c.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments, concerns? Tell us what you think.